Seat covers are among the most important upgrades for your truck.
The spotless interior of your Tacoma is always under threat from spills, stains, damaging UV rays, pet hair, dirt, cuts, and scratches, among other things. You can help protect your seats and add value to the interior of your truck by installing the best Tacoma seat covers.
There are tons of choices available, but what features do you look for, exactly? We’ll share with you our list of the most ideal seat covers for Tacoma that will fit like a glove and leave no visible gaps.
Keep on reading to find out more.
Rough Country Neoprene Front Seat Covers (Tacoma 2016-2020) is our top pick. Available for 2016-2020 Tacoma, these covers will do a great job of protecting your seats as well as improving the look and feel of your truck’s interior.
Here Are the Best Tacoma Seat Covers:
1. Rough Country Neoprene Front Seat Covers (Tacoma 2016-2020) — Best Overall
Tacoma stock seat materials are pretty tough, but almost nothing these days is going to stand up to more than a decade of daily abuse.
So, we think this model is going to be the ideal option for the Tacoma owner who’s looking for the best Tacoma seat covers at an affordable price point. They are going to improve as well as protect your interior from any further wear.
We are impressed by the four-layer construction with an inner foam layer that adds a little bit more cushioning. Not to mention the high-performing neoprene outer layer, which is breathable, lightweight, UV-resistant, and water-resistant. These materials are going to do an amazing job protecting the interior of your 2017 Toyota Tacoma.
Now, a couple of things that we really like about these seat covers. First, Rough Country designs the seat covers to meet your truck’s specific needs. Second, the availability of the bench, console, and armrest covers, which are going to give you more coverage.
- 2016-2020 Tacoma
- Four-layer construction
- Neoprene outer layer
- Protective polyester shell
- Foam padding
- They provide a good fit like a glove
- Highly breathable for hot summer conditions
- Foam padding provides additional comfort
- Look great compared to the stock seat covers
- They provide great water resistance
- Not completely UV-resistant and can end up fading
- Some may come without a cutout for your power seat buttons
We think these are great covers for the front seats of your Tacoma, considering that they fit like a glove and are water-resistant.
Overall Rating: 4.8
2. Covercraft Carhartt Seat Saver Front Seat Covers (Select Tacoma Models)
Exposure to the elements and pets riding along with you will eventually damage your car seats. Protect your investment and add a whole new look to your interior with these great front seat covers from Covercraft. Available for select Tacoma models, these seat covers are heavy-duty custom-fit covers that provide good UV resistance, water resistance, and washer or dryer safe for easy cleaning.
We like this product’s duct weave fabric with overlapped double and triple needle stitch seams, which should make it longer lasting. It’s also a plus that this custom-designed cover comes with covers for headrests, map pockets, armrests, consoles, and airbag cutouts.
You’ll have different colors to choose from, including the traditional Covercarft brown and gravel.
- Select Tacoma models
- Custom-fit design
- Duck-weave Carhartt fabric
- Armrest and headrest covers
- Machine washable
- The custom-fit design fits snugly
- They are durable and machine washable
- Adds a nice finish and protection to the interior
- They are good at resisting UV damage
- Available in more than one color
- Some models may release a lot of off-gassing during unboxing
- The straps of some models may break during installation
You will appreciate the exquisiteness and protection these covers will introduce to the interior of your Tacoma.
Overall Rating: 4.6
3. Mirozo 5 Seat Covers (Tacoma Rogue)
If you’re looking for something with more cushioning and protection to your seats, this full set of seat covers from Mirozo should be a good deal for you.
First off, we were impressed with the elaborate packaging these seat covers came with. Installation on our 2018 Toyota Tacoma was easy and quick. They fit snugly without leaving any visible gaps in between.
The seats feel extra comfy and nice—must be because of the memory foam underneath the leather. We like the fact that the faux leather is waterproof and breathable, which provides additional comfort.
Another feature that makes these covers stand out is the availability of different color options for preference, including black, and black/red. This allows you to match the covers to the interior of your truck.
- Faux leather
- Compatible airbags
- Front and back pocket design
- Heavy-duty straps
- Breathable ramie
- Two back pockets
- Seat belt and airbag compatible design
- They don’t affect the seats’ heat function
- Designed to fit several split rear benches
- They install easily without leaving gaps
- Come with back pockets for convenient storage
- The package doesn’t come with armrest covers
- Contacting the brand can be challenging
We think these seat covers are well-made, easy to install, and add a unique look and feel to the interior of your truck.
Overall Rating: 4.6
4. YUHCS Full Seat Car Seat Covers (Tacoma Cruiser)
Do you want to protect your car seats from UV damage, pet fur, and dirt among other things? These car seat covers from YUHCS should be a great choice for you.
What we really appreciate the most about these covers is the multilayer fabric that provides outstanding softness and comfort. Not to mention that the suede finish is incredibly easy to clean. The next best thing that we like is the full coverage design, which provides a better fit and protection for your seats.
You will love the elegance of the artificial leather, which provides a refreshing look for your cabin. It’s so eye-catching just like real leather.
The installation, however, can be a little bit tricky for some people. Thankfully, the brand provides an installation video that simplifies the whole process. But here is the thing, the set could be better if the headrest covers were a little bit bigger for superior coverage.
- Available for Tacoma Cruiser
- High-quality artificial leather
- Multilayer fabric
- Full coverage design
- Installation video
- Good wrinkle resistance reduces driving fatigue
- Non-slip interior helps with the setup
- The artificial leather is waterproof and wear-resistant
- Adds elegance to the interior of your truck
- Back pockets provide convenient storage space
- They aren’t fit for a built-in seat belt design
- They aren’t fit for headrest seats that are not detachable
These well-made seat covers from YUHCS fit well, improve the stylishness of your interior, and seem to be of great quality.
Overall Rating: 4.5
5. Kyohans Full Set Car Seat Covers (Tacoma 2002-2018)
Have you been thinking about changing the leather upholstery in your Toyota Tacoma without compromising style? These elegant seat covers from Kyohans should do the trick.
We think these are the go-to option if you want covers that will wrap around the bottom parts of your seats and the sides of the back. The stretchy bands on the sides are quite impressive, considering that they are not that noticeable and allow for the airbags to expand when needed.
The other feature that we like about these covers is the faux leather, which is quite durable and does a good job of resisting UV sun rays to lower wear and tear incidents. Not to mention that the material feels good to the touch and is easy to clean.
When we fitted these covers to our 2018 Tacoma, the front ones did fit like a glove and they allowed easy access to the airbags. The backseats, however, took a little bit of work to get the most convincing results.
- Available for Tacoma 2002-2018
- Full set design
- High-quality faux leather
- 5-layered construction
- Universal fit
- Bucket seats and split bench compatible
- Have good UV resistance and wear resistance
- They allow for the airbags to expand easily
- The front covers fit snugly without leaving gaps
- They provide an elegant look and feel
- The headrest covers may stick out on the sides
- Installing them on the backseats could prove challenging
We consider these universal seat covers to be a reliable option. Apart from protecting your seats, we think this model will improve the look and feel of your truck’s interior.
Overall Rating: 4.4
6. Luckyman Club 5 Car Seat Covers (Tacoma Rogue)
Add protection, texture, style, and comfort to the interior of your Tacoma with these great car seat covers from Luckyman.
The first thing that we really like about this model is its universal fit. In addition to your Tacoma, you can use the covers with other trucks in your possession.
When we finally decided to install these covers in our truck, the installation didn’t last that long and it was fairly simple. The front seat install wasn’t that challenging. It isn’t necessary to have someone to help but would be a big plus. The back seat install, however, requires a significant amount of effort and time.
The high-density sponge with good-quality cotton is quite impressive because it prevents wrinkles and releases driving fatigue.
- Full set design
- Black and red color
- Faux leather
- High-density sponge
- Two back pockets
- Straps on the headrest are invisible
- Buttons and buckles are well-exposed
- The non-slip fabric ensure the covers don’t slide
- The UV and wear resistance are quite impressive
- Cleaning the faux leather is easy with a wet towel
- The sides are quite exposed
- Rear seat install can be difficult for some people
As far as universal car seat covers are concerned, we think these are worth checking. They offer good protection for the seats and they add to your truck’s interior beauty.
Overall Rating: 4.4
7. Oasis Auto Custom Fit PU Leather Seat Cover (Tacoma 2009-2015)
Are your seats getting pretty worn out with stains and nicks here and there? The ideal solution to this problem would be to get dependable covers like these PU leather seat covers from Oasis.
We gave these covers a try on our 2015 Tacoma. The install, which took a while, wasn’t that difficult. The diagrams that came with the covers are quite helpful. If that’s not enough, you could always watch the instructional video online for a better understanding of the installation process.
The PU leather proves to be scratch resistant, and it’s also good that it can protect against damaging UV. Another great thing is that the material is not easily affected by oil or water, so cleaning should be a breeze
- Available for Tacoma 2009-2015
- PU leather
- Fit and lock design
- Airbag compatible
- Heated seat compatible
- They are airbag compatible
- They are not easily ruined by oil, spills, or water
- Can effectively withstand the damaging effects of UV rays
- The headrest covers fit pretty well
- The custom-fit adds a touch of elegance to the interior
- The installation can be challenging and time-consuming
- Slightly costly compared to similar products
These seat covers are great to consider if you want to protect your seats from staining and scratching.
Overall Rating: 4.4
8. EKR Custom Fit Full Set Car Seat Covers (Tacoma 2016-2017)
Coming last on our list of the best Tacoma seat covers is this model from EKR. This custom-fit full-set will help protect your seats from stains, scratches, spills, and UV rays.
These seat covers are very nice-looking and the quality seems to be reliable. Obviously, the material is not real leather, but it is breathable and durable. We truly like the four-layer construction, which provides extra cushioning for comfort.
As far as the installation goes, it wasn’t the most challenging one when we installed these covers in our Tacoma 2017. But it required a significant amount of effort in some areas.
- Black/gray leatherette
- Four-layer construction
- Custom-fit design
- Storage pockets
- Full coverage
- Installation video
- The covers are breathable and comfortable
- Add value to the interior of your Tacoma
- Offers protection against stains and daily wear and tear
- Thick design improves cushioning and comfort
- The unique finish wipes clean easily
- They may not fit properly in the latest Tacoma models
- They may not be compatible with some split-bench designs
If you’ve got a third-generation Tacoma, we think these seat covers are a good choice. Not to mention that the brand provides an installation video.
Overall Rating: 4.3
9. IKABEVEM Custom Fit Car Seat Cover (2007-2021)
Protect your Tacoma seats from dirt, water, and anything you can throw at them with these incredible custom-fit car seats from IKABEVEM. They are specifically made for Tacoma 2007-2021.
These good-quality covers will fit your Tacoma seats to protect your interior from spills, dirt, oil, and UV sun rays while blending in perfectly.
We like the unique materials that make up these covers. The artificial leather outer cover is easy to clean and requires little maintenance. The high-elastic sponge improves cushioning to add comfort. The heat-pressed non-woven fabric provides superior dimensional stability and high tensile strength.
These seat covers come with two highly impressive features that we really like. First, the artificial leather layer is scratch-resistant, waterproof, and breathable. Second, it has a flexible design that fits perfectly with seat belts and airbags.
Fitting these seat covers, however, may take some figuring out. It’s quite easy to end up with awkward spacing if you are not thorough with your installation.
- Tacoma 2007-2021
- Full set
- Artificial faux leather
- Heat-pressed non-woven fabric
- High-elastic sponge
- Non-slip base fabric
- Adjustable design
- The stylish faux leather adds aesthetic value to the seat
- They don’t harbor any mildew, dirt, or pet hair
- They are chemical resistant and waterproof
- Fit well with seat belts and airbags
- They don’t scratch easily, improving durability
- Tend to get colder in winter and hotter in summer
- The installation may be a little bit challenging
We think these faux leather seat covers will give you the feel and touch of leather as they protect your seats from dirt, mildew, and water among other things.
Overall Rating: 4.0
Things to Consider When Looking for Tacoma Seat Covers
Before you head to the store or buy online, we recommend you take into account the following factors.
Seat Cover Sizes
Seat covers are made to fit a generic size. The major difference is in how the seat covers fit when installed over headrests or whether they are compatible with airbags and seat belts. But the best Tacoma seat covers feature adjustable straps for adjusting the fit.
Here are the most popular sizes to consider:
This seat cover size is suitable for standard front bucket seats that feature adjustable headrests. Covers for the headrests are usually included. Seat covers in this size category are integrated with side airbag technology (SAT). They are also side-airbag compatible.
This seat cover size is recommended for standard front bucket seats with integrated or adjustable headrests. But they are not ideal for front seats featuring side-impact airbags.
This unique seat cover size is ideal for full bench rear seats. It isn’t the size to consider, however, if your rear seats are integrated with side-impact airbags.
Universal or Custom Fit
There are essentially two types of seat covers you can choose from on the market: universal fit and custom fit.
Custom-fit seat covers are more like a tailored suit. They are uniquely cut to fit the exact seat shapes, contours, and dimensions of your Tacoma model. The fact that they are custom-tailored means they will be very snug and they maintain their shape even under heavy use.
Universal fit seat covers, on the other hand, aren’t cut to the specifications of any vehicle. Instead, they are made in general shapes and sizes for both bench, split-bench, and bucket seats. They are more like off-the-rack varieties of clothing.
To give you the fit you desire, universal fit covers come equipped with elastic hemming on the bottom edges for keeping them secured on the seats. They, however, provide a more loose fit when compared to the custom-tailored seat covers.
Leather or Leatherette
These two words are quite common in the automotive community.
Leatherette is just a fancy word that refers to fake leather, PU leather, vegan leather, synthetic leather, artificial leather, or faux leather. Leatherette is merely an imitation of leather that is available at an affordable price range.
Leather as we all know is the real deal. It is the most well-appointed fabric in the automotive industry and is usually associated with high-end vehicles. Pure leather seat covers are more durable than their fake leather counterparts.
You must be familiar with the construction of your Tacoma seats before you go looking for seat covers. So, check and confirm the following details about your truck seats:
- Are the headrests fixed or adjustable?
- Do they have side impact airbags?
- Do your seats have any unique special features like armrests?
The information will help you decide whether to settle for universal fit or custom-fit seat covers.
Will my cloth seats get damaged by seat covers?
Seat covers, whether leather or leatherette, will not damage your cloth seats. Instead, they will provide more protection against spills, oils, pet fur, and dirt. Not to mention that they will add value to the interior design of the truck.
Can seat covers interfere with my side impact airbags?
Yes, they can interfere with the deployment of the airbags. So, we advise you to look for universal fit seat covers that are side-impact airbag compatible. For custom-tailored designs, make sure you pass the information to the designer.
The winner of this roundup is Rough Country Neoprene Front Seat Covers (Tacoma 2016-2020). What makes these Tacoma seat covers stand out is their custom-fit design. They are specifically cut for 2016-2020 Tacoma. So, you should expect them to provide a snug fit without leaving any visible gaps.
They are leatherette seat covers but of the highest quality. Unlike conventional models, these offer good protection against stains and UV. They also don’t scratch or wear out easily. We think they are a great choice for you if you want to add protection and elegance to the interior of your Tacoma.